Sunday, November 28, 2010

Some Guidance for Test Readers

The questions to think of while going through Book One all boil down to hearing readers tell what they were naturally thinking during the read! I'm looking for simple but thoughtful things like: "-That part was boring! -That fight was exciting and fast but it ended too soon! -I wanted to know what would happen to this character! -I was expecting to hear more about this or that place from the story! -This thing that kept happening in the story didn't make any sense! -The end was satisfying or too long/short!" -I also want to know what the best or most memorable scene was for you, and what scenes were your least favorite. I'm also wondering some things about what you thought of the main character, Killop, as well as a few secondary characters. As you're going along I'm also curious to hear your what your guesses were as to what was going to happen in the middle and end of the book, as well as what you guess will happen in the next book. I'm looking for a gauge of your enjoyment or dissatisfaction. The kind of feedback I do NOT want is feedback regarding the technical nature of the writing. I am not looking for an academic analysis of characterization or plot structure. If you have something that comes from the natural mindset of a normal reader that you can only describe in these terms however, I understand. Thank you so much. To those who've already received a copy, happy reading! To others, I'll continue to go through the backlog of emails--there are a lot I haven't been able to get to yet. I'll try to contact everyone in at least some way. -Judah

No comments:

Post a Comment